Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother's Day

Mother’s Day

Mother’s Day is always a little bit bittersweet for me. On the positive side, I am beyond blessed to have the most incredible mom in the world. She has always been an example of what selfless and unconditional love looks like. She is courageous, an absolute inspiration, and is easily the best grandma to her grandkids (in our biased opinion). I am so lucky to be able to hug her, spend time with her, talk to her on the phone almost every day, and laugh with her. I also have been blessed beyond words with a little boy that has changed every aspect of how I live my life. He isn’t my biological son, but I sure love him like he is. I love being Jacob’s step mom. He brings so much joy to my life and I can only hope that I make him feel the same. Mother’s Day is also, however, a day that I am reminded of the struggles I have faced in becoming a mom. I hope and pray that I get to look back on this post next Mother’s Day with a baby in my arms that calls me “mom.”  Until then, I will continue to focus on the many many MANY blessings in my life.

We are still “anxiously” waiting for our home study date.

Puzzle Update
Week 6
$9,000
WE ARE $1,000 FROM OUR GOAL…SO INCREDIBLE!

(If you would like to make a donation, click the donate button on the top right side of our blog. If you would like to learn more about our fundraiser and our adoption story, please see our March 30 post)





No comments:

Post a Comment